Sunny Steel: Top 10 Business Ideas for Commercial Metal Buildings in California
Why You Must Invest in California!
From sunny beaches to stunning peaks, California boasts a rich tapestry of landscapes and culture. Its economic climate is just as diverse, and entrepreneurs are eager to tap the potential offered by the world’s fifth-largest global economy. The limitless opportunities in California are seen in:
- Networking Opportunities – Globally attended conferences and trade shows are held in California each year, drawing well over 50,000 visitors! Investors and business owners connect, build relationships, and thrive through these networking opportunities.
- Economy – California is home to over 40 million residents and a $2.7 trillion annual GDP. If it were an independent nation, California would be the world’s fifth-largest economy! There is room for every enterprise here.
- Industry – Entertainers eagerly flock to the bright lights of Hollywood and Los Angeles. Software and other technologies opt for ‘Silicon Valley’, where such notables as Facebook, Apple, and Google are based. 14% of the nation’s agricultural output originates in California. From farming to shipping, from tourism to tech, California’s economy is packed with potential for every investor.
- Weather – Sunny California is the perfect home for everyone! Sacramento and Los Angeles experience weather over 75% sunny year-round, with average temperatures in the sixties. This warm and welcoming weather makes a perfect climate for businesses and their owners.
- Large Talent Pool – While it’s true that some residents are leaving California, the statistics show that California is gaining more and more educated residents! These high-earning, well-qualified candidates will fill your positions and make your business a success!
Top 10 Business Ideas for Your California Venture
- E-Commerce – Jump into the fast-growing world of e-commerce! Why? Because this sector grew over 25% between 2007 and 2012! New internet platforms, apps, and other software developed in California’s Silicon Valley have made online shopping an essential part of the modern retail experience. Over 5,000 e-commerce businesses make CA their home; yours could be next!
- Education – Supplementary educational businesses are worth over $3 billion a year. From private instruction in Common Core subjects, such as Maths and English, to fine arts like dance and music, supplementary education is highly lucrative. The sector grew by over 30% between 2007 and 2012. It employs roughly 70,000 CA workers.
- Wholesale Electronics – Wholesale businesses purchase bulk products for redistribution to smaller companies. Brokers of the wholesale electronics market in CA trade remotely and provide an essential step in the supply chain of California’s tech industry. The industry only employs 35,000 workers but generates over $80 billion a year.
- Shoes – California is home to some of the biggest names in the shoe world: Vans, Toms, etc. This nearly $4 billion industry is an essential part of the glamorous lifestyle associated with California and Hollywood. There are over 3,000 shoe stores in the state!
- Beauty – The second-largest industry on our top ten list is the beauty industry. After all, those actors, musicians, and celebrities need to look their best! California has more licensed cosmetologists, beauticians, and massage therapists than any other state. These artists are highly regulated by several business associations, such as the Professional Beauty Federation of California.
- Real Estate – California has the largest population in the U.S.A and is forecast to grow another 40 million over the next ten years. In cities where taxes are much higher than elsewhere in America, renting is a more popular choice than ownership. Partially due to the housing collapse of 2008, the leasing and rental market is now a $33 billion industry, employing some 79,000 residents.
- Electronics & Appliances – With the average American entirely dependent on a phone for daily life, access to electronics, computer repair, and appliance stores is more crucial than ever. Apple, MobileOne, and Outdoor Tech are all based in California. It’s a $14 billion industry.
- Transportation – Whether you’re strong enough to try your hand at “man with a van”, or are simply comfortable with a taxi route, providing transportation can mean big money in California. Many young professionals no longer invest in vehicles or driver’s licenses and are dependent on ride sharing services for their daily commutes.
- Small-Scale Manufacturing Business – Are you a crafty, DIY genius? Do you sew? Paint? Enjoy woodworking? Consider investing in yourself and your passions by opening a small-scale business. You, and a few future employees, can create artisanal, high-quality products exactly as you want.
- House Cleaning – Pick your own hours and your projects. Be your very own boss when you start a house cleaning business. As the modern family becomes more and more busy, the simple tasks pile up. You can swoop in to save the day and make cash in the process.
Commercial Metal Buildings for California
- Commercial Businesses – Commercial metal buildings are an excellent investment for every business. The flexibility and durability of metal buildings make them a long-term win for every kind of venture. Steel is a far more cost-effective construction material than wood or brick. While lumber has tripled in price during the recent pandemic, steel has remained a relatively stable global commodity.
- Office Buildings – The versatility of clear span architecture allows you to create and recreate floorplans to accommodate employees and workflow. Metal buildings are built without interior columns and offer the most flexible workspace, wall to wall.
- Retail Businesses – Create the optimal customer space with offices, inventory storage, and custom entries and exits! Commercial metal buildings are easily customized to promote your brand and your retail goals.
- Fast Construction Times – Metal structures are also efficiently engineered in American factories, so construction time is cut in half. When your time is money, you want a commercial metal building completed in less time and at a lower cost!
- Eco-Conscious – Steel is environmentally friendly! Steel components are 100% recyclable and created without the use of any toxic chemicals. Metal buildings are fire-resistant, mold-resistant, and pest-resistant. Commercial metal buildings provide excellent interior air quality and low maintenance.
- Customization – Doors, windows, paint, trim, wainscoting, and more! The modern metal building is no gray box. You are the architect of your own commercial metal building in California, with a wide array of custom options available to the contemporary business owner.
- High Tensile Strength – Steel is rated a Type 1 construction material by the International Building Code (IBC). Its high tensile strength and fire resistance make it one of the safest construction materials on the market. Because of this, insurance premiums on commercial metal buildings are far lower than on traditionally stick-built buildings.
Safeway Steel & Commercial Metal Buildings in California
It’s time for you to invest in the fantastic California business climate! You deserve a partner who believes in your project when you design your custom commercial metal building – you need Safeway Steel.
Safeway Steel engineers provide the highest quality commercial metal buildings in the U.S.A., with expert certification on every make and model. Our cold-formed steel frames are built to last for decades, and we back every building with our confidence warranties. Call one of our friendly building specialists today at +1 (800) 818-2245 to discover what we can do for you!